Enjoy professional color documents and attractive marketing materials for up to 50% less cost per page than lasers. This ePrinter is designed to offer productivity and mobile printing to keep your business running, at work, at home or on the go.
- 1 high speed USB 2.0; 1 Ethernet; WiFi 802.11b / g / n
Cause professional printing with high quality color printing that can make your business stand out, to get up to 50% less cost per page than with color lasers.
- Offer a professional look with each page with original HP pigmented inks for vibrant and long-lasting prints.
- Count on the best price for frequent printing with individual high-yield original HP ink cartridges.
- Increase your productivity with speeds of up to 18 pages per minute (ppm) in black and white and 10 ppm in color.
- Save up to 50% on paper with automatic two-sided printing of borderless color documents and brochures.
Easily print from all your devices: smartphones, tablets and laptops and personal computers connected to the Internet, in the office or by scrolling. It's simple and straightforward with wireless and wired networks and HP ePrint.
- Print wirelessly from your smartphone, without the need for a router or local network access.
- Print photos, documents and much more at your own pace, from almost anywhere, with HP ePrint.
- Easily connect to your local network and the Internet, wirelessly or through the 10/100 Ethernet port.
- Increase productivity with the free HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile application for high-quality mobile scanning.
Manage large print jobs without slowdowns. Grow your business with an ePrinter you can count on to help you print what you need, at high speeds, and move on to the next task.
- Load less paper and manage large print jobs with the 225-sheet paper tray.
- Rely on a printer with a monthly duty cycle of up to 15,000 pages: the ideal solution for reliable color printing.
- Ensure the quality. For fast drying resistant to fading for decades, HP recommends ColorLok® paper.
Save energy without sacrificing performance with the ENERGY STAR® certified ePrinter.
- Use up to 50% less energy compared to most AiO color laser.
- It uses up to 80% less packaging and consumables by weight compared to color laser printers.
- Help reduce energy costs. This ePrinter turns off automatically when you don't need it.
- Reduce the environmental impact: easily recycle original HP ink cartridges with ease
Supported operating systems
- Supported operating systems
- Windows 8.1 (32 bits and 64 bits), Windows 8 (32 bits and 64 bits), Windows 7 (32 bits and 64 bits), Windows Vista (32 bits and 64 bits)
Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, v10.8 or v10.9
Linux (for more information, visit http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html)
- Processor speed
Automatic paper sensor
Supports direct printing
Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Recommended monthly page volume
Note Recommended monthly page volume
- HP recommends keeping the number of pages printed or scanned to images per month in this range for optimal performance, based on factors that include the replacement intervals of consumables and product life during an extended warranty period.
Paper trays, maximum
Paper trays, standard
Printer drivers included
- HP PCL 3 GUI, HP PCL 3 enhanced
- HP PCL 3 GUI, HP PCL 3 enhanced
- HP SureSupply alerts you when you need to replace a print cartridge and helps you purchase it locally or over the Internet. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/learn/suresupply. Only available with original HP supplies. Internet access required.
Print Media Management
- Maximum input capacity (photo paper)
Maximum input capacity (sheets)
Maximum input capacity (cards)
Envelope input capacity
Maximum input capacity (10 x 15 cm photographs)
Handling of finished output media
Maximum output capacity (sheets)
Paper management input, standard
Paper management output, standard
Supported print media
- Media sizes, customized
- 101.6 x 127 mm to 215 x 355 mm (simplex)
101.6 x 140 mm to 215 x 309 mm (automatic duplex)
Standard support sizes (duplex)
Material sizes supported
- A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), A4 plug, 13 x 18 cm, 10 x 15 cm, about C5, about C6, about DL
- Plain paper, HP photo papers, matte leaflet or HP professional paper, HP matte presentation paper, glossy leaflet or HP professional paper, other photographic inkjet papers, other matte inkjet papers, other glossy inkjet papers, Hagaki inkjet, Hagaki photo, plain paper thick
Compatible paper weight
- 60 to 105 g / m² (normal)
220 to 280 g / m² (photographic)
75 to 90 g / m² (envelope)
163 to 200 g / m² (card)
- Bottom margin (A4)
Left margin (A4)
Right margin (A4)
Upper margin (A4)
- Print quality black (optimal)
Print quality color (optimal)
- First page printed in black (A4, list)
First page printed in color (A4, list)
- PictBridge compatible
Cartridges and printheads
- Compatible ink types
- Pigment based (black and color)
Footnote on page performance
- For information on cartridge yield and photographs, see http://www.hp.com/go/pageyield.
Number of print cartridges
- 4 (1 of each color: black, cyan, magenta and yellow)
- Memory, standard
- DDR3 128 MB, EEPROM 2 KB, Flash 128 MB SPI
- LED button and control panel
Multimedia and input devices
- Compatible with camera phone
Battery and power
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
Type of power supply
- 24 watts (maximum), 3.3 watts (active), 0.5 watts (manual shutdown), 1.16 watts (sleep)
Observations on energy consumption
- Power requirements depend on the country / region where the printer is sold. Do not modify the operating voltages. It may cause damage to the printer and void the product warranty.
Rack and Power Specifications
- Typical electricity consumption number (TEC)
- Minimum system requirements for Macintosh
- Mac OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mavericks: 1 GB of hard disk space, Internet, USB
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 8.1, 8, 7: 1 GHz, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB of available hard disk space, Internet Explorer, CD-ROM / DVD or Internet, USB
Windows Vista: Processor 800 MHz and 32 bits (x86) or 64 bits (x64), 2 GB of available hard disk space, Internet Explorer, CD-ROM / DVD or Internet, USB
- Up to 18 ppm in ISO black (A4)
Up to 10 ppm in ISO color (A4)
- Automatic two-sided printing
Software and applications
- Software included
- HP printer software, Google Toolbar, Update. HP, Buy consume. online
- Print speed black (ISO, equivalent to laser)
Color printing speed (ISO, equivalent to laser)
Print speed black (draft, A4)
Print speed color (draft, A4)
Footnote on print speed
- After the first page. More information at http://www.hp.com/go/inkjetprinter. Print speed may vary depending on the type of job.
- Box contents
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 ePrinter
Integrated Ink Cartridges
- Technology with energy saving functions
- HP auto power off technology
Intelligent printer software features
- Orientation: Vertical / Horizontal
Print on both sides: None / Horizontal orientation / Vertical orientation
Pages per sheet: 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 16 (e.g., N-up printing)
Quality settings: Draft / Normal / Best
Color: Black and white and black Print
Print in grayscale: Off / High quality gray scale / Black ink only Page layout
per sheet: Right and down / Down and right / Left and down / Down and left
Borderless printing: Turn off / on
HP Real Life Technologies: Turn off / on
Booklet: None / Booklet-left binding / Booklet-right binding
Pages to print: Print all pages / Print only odd pages / Print only even pages
Print at maximum PPP: No / Yes Page
borders: Turn off / on
Connectivity and communications
- Footnote to mobile printing capability
- Supports Android 4.4, iOS 4.2 iPad®, iPhone® 4, iPhone® 3GS, iPod touch® 3rd and 4th generation devices with multitasking function. It works with all-in-one printers and multifunction printers with HP ePrint enabled. AirPrint ™, iOS 4.2 and later devices require an 802.11 wireless network connection to the printer. Wireless performance depends on the physical environment and the distance from the access point. AirPrint and the AirPrint logo are trademarks of Apple® Inc. iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. The ePrint mobile application is compatible with all iOS, Android and BB devices with OS 4.5 or later, but earlier than OS 10.
- Yes, built-in 802.11b / g / n WiFi
- Standard (Ethernet, integrated 802.11b / g WiFi)
"Plug and play"
- Automatic wireless connection
Network protocols, supported
- Supported network protocol configurations (IPv4, IPv6)
LP / APIPA (Auto IP)
NetBIOS / WINS
LPR / LPD
Custom raw port / Port 9100
SNMPv1 / v3
Web Services Detection
Print with Services Web
DHCP Options: 81 / RFC4702 / RFC4704, 12-Host Name
SSL / TLS (HTTPs)
Integrated Web server password protected Network
activation / deactivation of network ports and device features, 802.1X wireless authentication (EAP) -TLS, LEAP and PEAP) and with 802.1 cable
Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint ™, Mopria Certification
HP automatic wireless connection
- 1 USB 2.0 de alta velocidad
HP ePrint function
- Minimum dimensions (P x W x L)
Packaging dimensions (W x D x H)
- Control Panel
- Buttons (power, cancel, resume, information, wireless connection, Wifi Direct, ePrint, support size), LED indicators (ink color for black, magenta, cyan, yellow, resume, wireless, Wifi Direct, ePrint, size support)